Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Sneek Peek - Happy Accident

I went to the art store yesterday and had some mat board cut. Not wanting to waste any, there was enough to cut several 4 x 6 pieces.So I got them home and thought, well, now what am I going to do with them?
I have all these old books. I love them but the bindings are just falling apart, so I decided to cut some silhouettes. Nothing fancy, mind you.
I admire those that can do amazing intricate work with scissors. But knowing me, I needed to keep it simple. I love birds, so that was my subject choice. So, I hope to have my new Etsy store open by Monday, listing these and illustrations (see below). 3 stores, good grief. I don't know what I'm thinking! I am hopelessly addicted to Etsy!
So, here we go again. Woooooot!

3 comments:

  1. Debi...these are so lovely. I love using book pages and have been using my die cut machine to cut shapes out of them. Wish I had your drawing skills to make pieces like these. They are absolutely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really sweet!I LOVE them! :o) I can't wait to see your shop!

    ReplyDelete