Friday, February 13, 2009

Ooooh, How I Love Ebay.

Yesterday there was a treat of a package in my mailbox. I had won an auction of vintage holy medals and catholic ephemera last week and now it's here! The lot was HUGE. I thought I would share some of the highlights with you.

Holy Medals














and Ephemera
















I don't know what it is about pieces like this, but they are so beautiful. They have a soft look about them and there is such a sense of history. They just make me happy. Oh, and not to mention the flurry of creativity that they have inspired! I made a pair of earrings last night and three necklaces are now in the works.




















And then there are all of the collages to be made with the ephemera. This should keep me busy for at least a couple of days...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE getting those treats in the mail! Catholic ephemera is so fun. You might like the book, Saints Preserve Us! It's a lighthearted look at Saint lore. Good luck with your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ebay too! Thanks for sharing your purchase with us, and I love the earrings you created too. :)

    ReplyDelete